Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chicken & Spinach Manicotti

I told myself to remember to take a picture of the finished product as I was making this and then wouldn't you know it? I forgot! But it was yummy...and pretty.

Saute:
2 T. butter
1/4 c. onion
1/4 c. mushrooms (I always prefer fresh to canned and then I throw the extras in a green salad.)

Add & simmer 5 minutes:
1 c. cooked spinach (I used almost a whole bag of fresh spinach instead and let it wilt. The rest I put in the salad.)
2 c. cooked white chicken - cut in small pieces
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
salt & pepper

After cooled, add:
3/4 c. ricotta cheese
2 T. cream

Boil a package of manicotti noodles until almost cooked thoroughly. (I went one minute below recommended cooking time on the package.) Stuff manicotti with filling. Pour 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Add stuffed manicotti. Cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments: