I adapted these from a Tasty Kitchen recipe and they are so delicious! I wish I would have taken a picture but we ate them up too fast!
For the cookies:
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup Nutella
1/3 cup milk
Kosher or seat salt to sprinkle on top
Nutella for center frosting
1. Stir flour, baking powder and cocoa together in a small bowl.
2. In an electric mixer beat together butter and sugar.
3. Stir in vanilla and Nutella until combined.
4. Alternately add milk and dry mixture until smooth.
5. Place mixture in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
6. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Flatten slightly and sprinkle with Kosher or sea salt.
7. Bake at 325F for 10-12 minutes or until they just start to set. Note: these really are a lot better if they are soft and not cooked for too long. The dough doesn't have eggs so it's okay if they're undercooked a little. One batch I baked was perfect and still a little gooey. The other batch baked too long and really wasn't as tasty.
8. Let sit on baking sheet for a few minutes and then remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
9. Spread a thin layer of Nutella between two cookies for a delicious sandwich. (You could also make a Nutella butter cream and have sort of a homemade Oreo).