Sunday, February 8, 2009

Roasted Chicken

I'm so excited to be a part of this group! I love cooking and baking and I love new recipes so I'm excited to be a part. Thanks for having me.

This week Smith's had really cheap whole chicken's ($0.59/lb which made them about $3-4 a piece) and so I decided it was time for me to roast my first chicken. I'm sure that some of you are pros at this but it was a first for me and it was delicious.

Roasted Chicken

1 whole chicken
1-2 Tbsp melted butter or olive oil
salt and pepper
your favorite seasonings

1.Preheat the oven to 450F.
2.Remove insides and neck from chicken and place in roasting pan (or a cookie sheet lined with tin foil because I don't have a roasting pan)
3.Brush chicken with melted butter or olive oil.
4.Season with salt and pepper and your other favorite seasonings. I used some tarragon, poultry seasoning, and season salt. Lemon pepper or straight BBQ sauce brushed all over would be delicious too.
5.Reduce heat to 350F and cook 20 minutes per pound of chicken. The thigh meat should read about 180F on a thermometer when it's done.
6.Carve it up like a turkey and enjoy!

I also have an extra bonus for this post. If you haven't seen this site it's incredible. Everything in the picture below (except the doilie and wrappers) is made from cake. The box and everything. It's truly amazing! I don't know how she does it. How easy would this be to replicate Nancy?

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Thats totally cute! It looks relatively easy to do too. I think Ill give it a try. If you want to make one with me, let me know and we'll try to find a time.