Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Butterscotch Sauce

This is so yummy that I could just eat it by the spoonful, although that would be really bad, so its best served over ice cream.

Combine in a sauce pan:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy whip cream
1/3 butter (marjarine wont work right, so use butter)

Heat all ingredients stirring continuously till boiling. Turn down heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Serve warm over ice cream or cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Reheat again in a microwave for 15-30 seconds before serving.

3 comments:

Annette said...

Sounds like I need to go to the store to get stuff for this and Walker dessert!

DadsGarage said...

I have the ingredients... I'm cookin'!!!! YUM!

DadsGarage said...

It's so yummy! Thank you. It was the perfect topping for my french vanilla ice cream. I did indulge and had a spoonful of the refrigerated leftovers. I absolutely love this recipe. Who knew it was so easy to make butterscotch!